Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Business and The Products - My Experences

First of all, I would like to say that Reliv has good products and I know that many people have been helped by them. But there are some concerns that you need to consider before #1 Taking the Reliv products and #2 before joining the business.


I was a Reliv Master Affiliate for 2+ years and honestly I saw a lot of people who got results from the products but I also saw a lot of people make "claims" of things the products did for them but from the outside I knew were completely a lie. And I have seen Reliv destroy peoples lives.

When I joined Reliv I wanted to "help" people and it really turned me off to see everyone around me get so hung up on making money and the strictly against approach to selling the products cheaper. But this is what I did, I sold the products just above my cost until I was finally kicked out of the company. My upline was happy for a while as I was selling almost 10,000 dollars of products a month.

And then we started doing some research into Reliv and three things came to the surface, #1 Reliv is HIGH in Soy and if you do just a small amount of research on the Internet you will find that SOY is quickly becoming VERY dangerous due to the fact that is now one of the causes for Cancer and especially Breast Cancer in women. #2 Reliv products are very high in Calories and can cause you to gain weight. In a society today where the American public are already over weight, we don't need Reliv to help this happen. Not to mention all of the problems that come from gaining weight. #3 I gave Reliv to a close friend of mine in Europe and they took the product into the doctor during a regular visit. The Doctor HIGHLY suggested they not take the product as he explained that High Dose vitamins are not healthy for the body.

And then, about a year ago Reliv "reformulated" their Classic and NOW products and I have received many complaints from people after this happened and I am sure Reliv has too. Many have stopped feeling the results they once had and one person even told me it causes their daughter to go from getting better to getting worse.

So let me ask you, is Cancer and Gaining weight worth it?

After I was kicked out of the company, one of my clients switched to a new company. She had been using Reliv for a number of years but this new company is completely natural and she says she has never felt better. She has received wonderful results way more than she got from Reliv and the best part, it's all Fruits and Veggies, no soy in them. If you would like to know more, please check out my friends website. And no, I get nothing from this. :)

Dr. Organics - www.puredrorganics.com

And then, before taking Reliv, you need to consider the benefit but also the dangers of taking a Soybean based product.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/index.htm
http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

There are too many other products out there, like Life Force, Vibe, etc that offer a liquid form of nutrition and the body can absorb this a whole lot faster than the powder or pill forms of nutrition. But like I said, many of had wonderful results from Reliv and so you must decide. And maybe it's worth experimenting, try Reliv but also try the other products and see which is truely better for YOU.

Here are a number of sites that I would suggest products from. Try them see for yourself if the results are as good or better than Reliv.

  • Dr. Organics
  • Lifeforce
  • Eniva Vibe
  • Dr. Mercola


IF you do choose to continue using the Reliv products, I would highly recommend that you purchase them from eBay. This way you can still get the products but without having to deal with the MLM part of Reliv and you get the products at basically the 25 to 35 % discount level, depending on where you live and how much you paid for the products.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading several comments, I have decided not to buy into the reliv product. Everything I heard rang true to what I read on your sight. My question now is for someone that could give advice on what to do next. My husband and I are both healthy but appoaching middle age. We need a good vitamin regimen which the reliv product at first seemed to offer.
There are a few issues with our family that the reliv product was said to be able to help.
--nutrition and energy for mom and dad
--pms and acne for teen girls
--winter illnesses
I was on the Mercola chat and didn't get much help.

I have seen that the krill oil would be beneficial.

If anyone could give suggestion, I would be grateful.

I am looking for reasonable non synthetic source of vitamins
thanx,
Denise in MI

Anonymous said...

I was wondering, have you ever found any research published that shows the ill effects of soy, excessive vitamin intake, or Reliv itself? I NEED resources to show my mother in law...the problem is I don't know where to look. If you have any information, especially some from resources that are non-partisan like doctors or research labs in universities, i'd really appreciate it.

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Hi Carissa,

I have many articles on my Blog but I will give you the website that I got them from so you get find them easier.

For Soy - http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/index.htm

Soy is the easiest to prove that it's dangerous. You will find many articles at the link above. Also you can find some good articles at,

www.mercola.com

You will need to register at that one but they have some really good articles also. You will want to search for Soy and also you can do a search at the Mercola website for high dosage vitamins. I have found a few articles about this as well.

If you have anymore questions, let me know!

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Hi Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for writing.

Since I have not gone around trying a bunch of products to see how they are the only thing I can do is offer some suggestions that I have received from others.

Sadly, if you want a vitamin like Reliv, most of them are about the same price and are connected with the whole Multi Level Marketing ring. But these other vitamins do offer an all natural, non soy base which I think is worth looking into. And as always I would suggest looking for them on eBay first as it will save "joining up" and you will still get a discount.

Dr. Organics - www.puredrorganics.com MLM

Lifeforce - http://lifeforce.net/ MLM

Eniva Vibe - MLM

Dr. Mercola's Vitamins www.mercola.com NON - MLM

Otherwise if you want a cheaper alternative I have heard a few people say to just take a couple of Children's Flintstone Vitamins or another Adult Vitamin. If you want something that is high dosage, I would look at ALL-ONE or Purity Products. I have seen the ALL-ONE in the Health Food section at the store or you could get it Online from the company. And online also for Purity Products.

Anyway I hope this helps! If you have anymore questions please feel free to contact me.

Jeff said...

I was introduced to Reliv about 3 yrs ago. I was told that, among other things, it would assist in lowering my cholesterol. The Dr had me on crestor and zetia and it had lowered my levels from over 300to under 200. I went off the meds because I wanted to test the Reliv safer alternative. Within one month of taking the recommended Reliv product, my cholesterol level was over 280. I tested it and it didn't work. Reliv lives by the testimonial. The people giving them have a conflicit of interest because a monthly pay check is at stake. Like my Dr said, "there is nothing that does everything." Eat right, exercise, and if you want, take a multivitamin. You'll be making your own testimonial in no time.

sarum said...

The Relive upline did nothing but screw us over. They insisted we start selling to our "warm market" before we were ready but then they failed to show up to the appointments to help us???? WTF?

The product does not help me and the taste makes me gag.

Unknown said...

Hi all... I was at a presentation last night and was not impressed... too many vitamins are not good for you, too much soy can have devastating effects...but I wanted something with high levels of anti-oxidants to aid in my optimum health. I discovered Mon-Avie and we are having great success with it.
My cholesterol is coming down after 5 weeks and my husband had severe problems with his foot and wrist due to accidents in college-30+ years ago. His aches have disappeared, now. Additionally, we have experienced great personal growth and have been able to start a fabulous organization. MLM's do work, but not for everyone- that's why there are so many. Find out about your "upline" before you join them... talk to people who know them, find out if they are as genuine as they appear. I was involved with Amway 20+ years ago and that did not work for me, but I learned a lot about the networking idea and have carried much of that to what I am currently doing with Mon-Avie. For my husband and myself, this is the right product at the right time. There's a lot of bad and good on the internet about every mlm, so make sure you investigate before you invest! If you have questions, you can email me at janehaagsman@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

Is this true? The number one cause of breast cancer is due to high intake of soy? hmmm! So most of women in China got cancer? I don't see or hear any breaking news in china that lots of women there have breast cancer. Soy used in China very often.Please post this so that i can see gather some info.

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Hi - Actually you will find that they DON'T eat as much Soy in China as we are led to believe. And when they do use it, soy comes in two different forms (fermented and un-fermented). It is the Un-Fermented soy products that are not good for woman and it's the fermented that they use the most of in China.

Anonymous said...

Hi again and thanks for posting my comments.

So RELIV products used
un-fermented soy? Can you tell me what kind of process use by RELIV company? How about my favorite tofu and soy milk? Is it fermented or un-fermented? Please explain it to me whether tofu or soy milk is fermented or un-fermented.

Unknown said...

I have been taking Univera products,Xtra, Regifree, ryhmatx,the multivitamin and Prime for about a year and a half. They hae changed my life. I feel better now that I have in 20 years. I have no arthritis pain and my energy level is super. I have an autoimune disease and have stopped taking an injectabe daily. My body is healthy and my MRI has improved. My eyeglass script has also improved. These are real tests that show real improvement. I know my body and I know my body is healing itself. There is real science behind these products. My quality of life has dramatically improved.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am trying to get off of reliv... I have been having heart palpitations and I have read that too much soy can cause that...I believe it. I'd like to switch to another, more affordable, vitamin without all the junk. Can anyone tell me, have they had serious side effects from going off of reliv? I have been on it for almost a year now... and I am hoping it is not dangerous to stop taking it. Thank you!!

Thornton said...

I am from Trinidad and Tobago. On June 10 ,2011 there was this big article in a local newspaper impressing me with this "miracle product' as proclaimed by a local distributor Patricia Lord Roulston. I am shocked to know she was misinforming us about the product!

Anonymous said...

I've been using reliv Classic for years and did notice a difference when they changed the formula but not enough to stop using it. Today however, I came to the conclusion I can no longer use reliv products because of their decision to advertise relive Classic as a "Halal" product. I hope word about their business decision to market their product as muslim friendly and islamic compliant spreads to all their Christian and Jewish customers. Good-Bye Reliv!

Martha said...

I have a friend that has GIVEN me Reliv just so I will try it on my children who suffered from digestive problems. We have found that a supplement of digestive enzymes and probiotics helps them tremendously but she says that Reliv would make it so they don't need enzymes and probiotics. Then.... tell me friend... why do some of Reliv's products contain probiotics and enzymes?

Anyway... where I get my probiotics and enzymes from, they also sell a daily vitamins and mineral product that are completely made of whole foods vitamins and minerals. NO synthetic stuff at all!!

They are NOT a MLM company and you can go directly to their site to purchase their product. I highly recommend them!! They are a down-to-earth, very helpful company!

www.corehealthproducts.com

Pam said...

A friend gave me 3 Reliv products to look at and compare to a product I am using. I was very unimpressed with the ingredient list of Reliv, and now I'm doing the research online. This blog is the best I've come across, with honest information. Thanks to everyone for their comments! I am even more unimpressed with Reliv and will not try it. Since other people are posting alternatives that are working for them, I would like to add an all natural supplement with proven research and testimonials from the world's leading experts. You can check it out here: facebook.com/pamsprogress.