Thursday, May 3, 2012

Reliv's Distributors claim to know more than your MD

I just got this a little bit ago from one of our readers. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to send in info about Reliv, the products or the business. I get a lot of attack posts and emails from Reliv users and distributors saying I have no right to post what I do on this blog but I want to give people a chance to see that there are always two sides to every story. While Reliv might work for some, it's not a cure all and does not work for everyone. Reliv Distributors take WAY too much liberty in pretending to know more than doctors and this is extremely wrong. Reliv REALLY need to get better control on their distributors and what is being said about the products.

"When does "None of your business" become my business???? As I type this I'm watching an elderly friend here in the clubhouse get taken for his retirement by a woman signing him up for a multi-marketing scheme. (And looked up reliv.com while they were talking.) She says if he drinks her powdered supplements he will be on the way to weight loss and get off his meds! I asked her if she was a doctor or registered nurse. She said no. Then she said many of her distributors are multi-millionaires. I said results are not typical. The old guy hesitated to sign, and the pushy wench pretended not to hear me. I asked her out-right about the effects of soy, especially on men. She said soy is perfectly safe. She is evil."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Began using Reliv in early Aprilof 2012. On 5/4 distribultor suggested I begin Fibrestore. began feeling ill by 5/9/12. Thought I had the flu...By 5/11 I had 6 cancker sors in my mouth on on my tongue. The skin was peeling off the inside of my cheeks. A non stop pain in my stomach reminded me of the pancreatitis I have been hosptialized for 4 times since 2000. I felt as though I had sallowed a gallon of battery acid and it was eating itself thru my system. I stopped taking all 4 of the expensive products and eating all food on the 10th. Went to ER on Mother's day. I was relieved to learn my pancreas seemed to be okay but was advised to stop any supplements. My distributor and her colleague, a lawyer, said I was detoxing (I have NEVER used drugs or abused alcohol) And should go right back on it. I agreed to but never did. Today I sent letter requesting my $246 back and stated I was done with their products. There were bodacious claims of cures of pancreatitis, fibromyalgia, torn rotator cuffs and arthritis. I experienced no cures--only became extremely ill.Still have swollen neck, and pain in throat. Years ago dx'ed with Hashimotos. No treatment or difficulties. This blog makes me not feel so crazy

Anonymous said...

Hi. This is irrelevant to this post, however I just wanted to say that your blog was what helped me decide to get off of reliv. The cost was really hard on me, but something worse happened too. I began having severe heart palpitations and trouble breathing. After my body detoxed from reliv (took about 3 weeks) the heart palpitations went away. I have no doubt that it was doing something harmful to me. Please keep this going to warn people of the dangers of using this product. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I have been taking reliv and have experience an increase of energy however ive experienced headaches and nausea. I will not tell anyone to NOT take the products and i will not tell anyone TO take the products. Everyone has their own choices to make and see what works for them. Me personally even though i like the increase in energy i will not be taking this product anymore.

Anonymous said...

Thank god I found your website. I was thinking about joining reliv but everything I've read here has changed my mind.

On the reliv official site they claim to have 60,000 distributors, I'm not surprised now the numbers are so low for a company that has been around since the late 80's. Amway has over 3 million and growing so some companies know how to do it right.