Monday, September 8, 2014

What is WRONG with Reliv? Can be Deadly!

"Please, all you who have cancer or have had cancer or have especially a CHILD with cancer - run from RELIV as soon as you possibly can! Flee from this product!

Google "dangers of soy" and read up on the first website that pops up. Documentation is provided for the link between soy and breast cancer. Soy acts like an estrogen in the breast and greatly increases the risk of estrogen-sensitive breast cancer. (This is why menopausal women ceased taking estrogen - HRT - to treat hot flashes: its impact upon breast cancer risk.)

My 37yo. sister came down with estrogen-sensitive breast cancer. Her husband, a bio-medical researcher at UVA who earned his post-doc degree at Johns Hopkins Medical School, poured himself into researching how to fight and prevent breast cancer. He will not permit my sister to TOUCH soy! Only the fermented versions of soy, such as tempeh, are risk-free and only in small quantities.

Please, read up on "dangers of soy" for the sake of you and your loved ones, and recognize that Reliv despite all the hype may not be the best choice for you. Yes, good nutrition can accomplish miracles, and many of the anecdotes you read/hear may be true, but you can get your hands on great nutrition without turning to a soy-based supplement. And in the long run, you may run into life-threatening problems which come only after taking Reliv for many years. (It takes years for cancers to build.)"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this blog. It is very eye opening. Recently I was in a support group meeting and shared about an ailment I was experiencing. One of the people in the group began pressuring me to buy Reliv, making all sorts of claims about how it could cure just about everything, and basically talking at me rather than listening to anything I had to say. I have sound medical reasons for why I do not want to use it, but he really didn't care about anything other than pushing this product. I believe he had joined this group in order to find people with medical problems and use them for his own agenda. From now on, I will be much more careful about who I share my personal issues with. It is a shame that people try to take advantage of others in this way. I appreciate all this information in your blog, as I was actually considering attending one of their meetings but after finding this site, I will not be doing that or using any of their products. Thank you for helping to protect people!

Anonymous said...

I wish I would of found this site before I got started on Reliv. I always thought it was odd that a product that cared so much about people was so expensive. It seemed that the people it would help the most were ones that couldn't afford it. But that didn't stop me from putting my hard earned dollars into it. For 4 years I took 4 different products of Reliv, the Soy Sentials was really hard for me to get down, was told if wanted results I had to learn to choke it down. I got results alright, there is no doubt in my mind that Reliv was the source of 2 emergency room visits followed by a week in the hospital all do to kidney stones over a 6 month time period and oh yes, lets not forget the parathyroid surgery. My urologist told me that excessive intake of calcium carbonate can cause both conditions. It took 3 months to finally get all the kidney stones out of my body I had added up the % of daily values I was taking with Reliv and knew the calcium was 3 times higher than recommended, when I brought this to my distributors attention was told I was told that the those percentages were out dated and what my body didn't need, it would pass out. That was before I started having problems, but...I kept taking it. I cant believe I bought into that. I wish I would of listened to my body before I ended up the emergency room the first time. It has been 3 years since I last took a Reliv shake, it was just in the past 6 months that I have started getting back to my normal activities. I had about $2000 of product left when I stopped taking Reliv, I was one of those people who became an affiliate to get the product for my own use at a lower cost. When I took the remaining product back to my distributor was told they couldn't refund my money but would switch out for different Reliv product. Are you serious?! After what I have been through, I will never take a supplement of any kind again. I know my story is old, but the medical expenses, losing out on a least a year of my life and the thousands of dollars I spent on Reliv products for nothing is still fresh to me. A lesson I will never forget, any thing taken in excess is not good for you and by all means, if your body doesn't want something in it and you have to choke it down to get it to take it -- don't take it! Thank you for your blog so people can see both sides of Reliv.