Monday, August 11, 2008

DANGER - Reliv Causes Health Problems

Hello Readers - Below is post that we received from one of our readers. I am moving it into the main blog so that more people can get a chance to read it.

"I also used Reliv....and I also have Hashimoto's since using the products. I am told to stay away from soy now. WHY are SO MANY companies using soy in their products? Also iodine is not good for people that have Hashimoto's. It is hard to find good supplements with out those two things in them. I worry about all of the soy consumption. Who to believe??? Thanks, J"

My Response;

Hello Poster - Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and thank you for taking the time to learn the truth.

Honestly I am not sure why so many products today have Soy in them. On one side I would GUESS that soy is a cheap filler and so it allows companies to save money. I worked in Lithuania for a while and a good friend of mine had a soy processing company there. The main buyers for their soy meat (TVP) was meat processors. They added the soy to the meat to extend it.

But on the other side, many companies like Reliv use Soy as they have bought into the lie that the soy industry has spent millions on. There has been a battle raging for many years now trying to prove that "soy is good for you". And if you buy products such as Soy Milk or Soy Meats it will say how good for your heart it is. And the Soy industry even has the FDA saying that Soy is "good for you". But what we aren't told is, groups are now lobbing the FDA to change their ruling on Soy as it's not healthy.

Here are some more products for you to look into. They don't contain soy but I am not sure about the iodine.

Life Force
Dr. Organics
Dr. Mercola Vitamins
Eniva Vibe
Purity Products
All One

Thank you again and I hope you can undo the damage done by Reliv and Soy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, im writing to ask about Reliv. My mom currently has got involved with the product. She has several health problems largest being lupus. She really has no money & cant afford to get into any more debt. She for some reason believes Reliv is going to cure all problems health, money etc. i went to a meeting with her and wasnt that impressed. Everyone seemed to be reading off a que card. I just want to get an outside opinion because shes very excited about this product. Im happy for her if it will help her but i dont want it to hurt her. Just lookin for any feed back. Thanks!

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Hello Poster - First of all, I would encourage you to read through the articles that I have posted here on my blog. I have over 100 posts and so you will have a lot of info to look at.

Honestly I have mixed feelings about what to tell you. I will say upfront that Reliv has helped some people BUT it has hurt others. Unless your mom takes Reliv for at least 3 months minimum there will be no real way to know if it will help or not.

Reliv is not cheap but sadly many of the other products out there that don't have such a high soy content aren't any cheaper. This is the down side to MLM.

Unless your mother is very pushy and willing to try and sell Reliv to everyone she meets, Family, Friends, Church Members, and Strangers she won't make money. The whole idea to MLM is pushing the products on everyone you meet. One of my articles that I have gives the fail rate for different MLM companies and Reliv is greater than 99%. In other words, less than 1% of people actually make money.

If your mother has not signed up already, I would suggest that she try buying the products on eBay first. This will allow her to buy them for about the 30% discount level and she doesn't need to join.

And I would strongly suggest that you don't take the products yourself. The high soy content in Reliv is not healthy for men and especially women.

Anyway, this is why I created this blog. I wanted to give people another side of the story. Please read the articles and decide for yourself.

Anonymous said...

anonymous considering this was a few years ago you posted can you give us an update? my wife takes it for lupus. she was told that it would help her body fight the lupus. she is taking 8 scoops a day of Reliv Now and 2 scoops of inergize and 1 scoop of fiberrestore. contact me. angel at myevilgummybear@gmail or yahoo