Saturday, September 29, 2007

Failing With Reliv - 99.90% Chance

When someone knocks on you door or when a "close friend" corners you about joining some NEW easy to make money scheme, I know exactly how you feel. When someone you know joins a MLM you start dreading the time when you must talk to them. All they can talk about is the money they are going to make, how they heard these wonderful stories about how these products helped someone. But all you can think about is, when will this be over. :D Too many of friends have become involved and most usually fail but while they are trying the business is all they can talk about and usually I don't want to be around them.

Below are some statistics about the fail rate of some companies. The bottom line, the people getting you to join make money on your failure. Doesn't that make you feel good? OR if you do succeed you make money on the failure of others. :(

SOME SHOCKING STATISTICS


Comparing Recruiting MLM’s with No-product Pyramid Schemes, and with Gambling

By Jon M. Taylor, Ph.D., President, Consumer Awareness Institute, and Director, Pyramid Scheme Alert

IMPORTANT: The estimates below are based on our careful analysis of reports published by the MLM companies themselves. These extraordinary loss rates were derived by removing typical deceptions from the reporting of these MLM’s. Before forming your own conclusions, you are urged to perform your own research and calculations based on actual company data, which all MLM companies should provide for prospects. This is explained on the page to en titled “How can the odds of success in an MLM program be calculated?”




The odds of profiting by investing in a clearly illegal no-product pyramid scheme** (with all winners re-investing) is –
  • 667 times as great as the odds of profiting after enrolling as an Amway/Quixtar “distributor”
  • 111 times as great as the odds of profiting after enrolling as a Nu Skin “distributor”
  • 69 times as great as the odds of profiting after enrolling as a Melaleuca “distributor”
The odds of winning from a single spin of the wheel in a game of roulette in Las Vegas*** is –
  • 286 times as great as the odds of profiting after enrolling as an Amway/Quixtar “distributor”
  • 48 times as great as the odds of profiting after enrolling as a Nu Skin “distributor”
  • 22 times as great as the odds of profiting after enrolling as a Melaleuca “distributor”
Similarly, the odds of winning with a single bet on snake eyes in a game of craps in Las Vegas are far greater than the odds of profiting from any of these MLM programs.

CONCLUSION: Contrary to popular belief, the worst pyramid schemes are product-based – or recruiting MLMs*, such as the ones listed above. One can do far better gambling in Las Vegas. We're not promoting gambling - just fair trade practices, as manifested in legitimate business opportunities (as opposed to phony MLM chain selling schemes, or product-based pyramid schemes).

5 comments:

Turnaround Churches said...

Let's see. Generic version of Prilosec is $0.80 each, twice a day (my former dose), to barely keep Reflux under control, discounting costs of deteriorating esophogas, bowel problems and careful eating (including vitamin pills). Drugs did not cure my deteriorating gall bladder. Reliv ($2 a day) got me off prescriptions, including allergy pills, and gives me more energy. It also restored my gall bladder function and I passed my colonoscopy with no abnormalities found. The lottery pays me nothing for my "investment" but Reliv improves the length and quality of my life.

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Hello Poster - Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I would like to remind you that the purpose of this Blog is NOT for success stories but for stories of Reliv failures. There are too many success sites out there that you can post your stories on. I want to give people a chance to read about the failures of Reliv.

As EVERYONE knows, there is NO 100% cure for 100% of the world's population. What works for you can kill the next person. As harsh as this might sound, Reliv helped you, at least so you claim but it has basically killed a very close friend of mine due to it high levels of soy. The dangers of soy in causing cancer are well known and well documented now but sadly Soy and Soy products have been so long claimed to be "Healthy" that people refuse to believe or accept it.

Please take a few minutes to read these websites;

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/index.htm

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

Cancer is only one of the problems that are now showing up for people using large amounts of Soy products. It can be the cause of many other kind of health problems.

As far as Reliv curing your problems, maybe it has but most likely a simply life-style change, some stress reduction, and you could save 100s of dollars a month and not have to take Reliv.

Reliv is not a miracle vitamin, please don't be fooled by the "success" stories. If you want to try it, purchase some on eBay as you will get it at the 25% to 35% discount level and you don't have to pay Reliv 40$ a year to join, you don't have to worry about taxes, you don't have to spend 1000s of dollars to get the good discounts, and you don't have to worry someone nagging you to go to meetings.

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

And Remember, I did not make up these succeed or fail stats. This was done by professonals based on Reliv's own information. Many who spend the 1000s of dollars to join, loose in the end and are forced to give up. Don't go into debt to make money it will only ruin your life!

Anonymous said...

Dear Watchdog,
thank you for your posts. Like you said Reliv has done a good job of making sure no bad info gets out. I have a friend who is now a distributor and trying to get me interested. I told them I was not interested in using soy and would not try their products. I also let her know that you said Monsanto owns reliv. She was horrified at this as she has written several letters to Monsanto over the years because of it's horrible business. Of course she immediately went to her upline (which I understand because I have been in an MLM before and knew the products helped me so I wanted to find out the truth about the compnay I was in at the time)and they told her that reliv was owned by the distrbutors and the rest by that couple on their website(can't remember their names). I have researched and tried to find for myself where Monsanto owns them and could find nothing except somewhere else where someone said Dupont owns them. Where did you find that info and how can I get a hold of that in writing or at least that they buy their soy from Monsanto. I don't think she will listen to me but I would like to know for my own peace of mind and knowing I am telling her the truth about reliv and who owns them, etc.
LB


a practices.

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Sadly I am unable to find this info either. I am sure that you have seen that I don't update my blog as often anymore and most of what I post is sent to me by readers. Sadly due to a lack of time I don't have the time to check each article.

If someone else can't verify this info I may have to pull it down as I don't want any false info on my blog.