Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Reliv - Save Your Hard Earned Money

Sadly I think that many have had the experience of this Reliv buyer. They spent months and 100s of dollars buying products only to find out in the end that it didn't work for them. They were fooled by their Reliv Distributor who quoted to them that canned stories that can be found on the website and in the "phone call list". As I have said before and will continue to repeat, if you are willing to take your chances with the dangers of Soy and try Reliv, I would STRONGLY suggest that you buy it from eBay and the 25 to 35% discount level and save yourself the pain and suffering of joining the company and making another person at the top rich.

Reliv - save your hard earned money
by relivuser , Dec 25 '03

Pros - none

Cons - high price, false claims

The Bottom Line - Just take a vitamin - same results at a fraction of the price.

I still do not know how, but a distributor got my name and knew that I had a history of fibromyalgia and endometriosis. She called me and recommended this product, claiming that it had helped many people live a normal life who suffer from these. She also just happened to have a "customer" by her side who spoke to me about how it had helped her with her own personal case of endometriosis and how she also new many people with fibro that were using Reliv with great results also.

I was skeptical, but decided to try it out for a few months anyway. It's basically a powdered nutritional supplement that tastes horrible, which you pay through the nose for. I used it for approx seven months and found that it had no effect on my symptoms for either condition.

I probably would have (stupidly) used it longer, but I eventually found out through a friend-of-a-friend how these distributors were fooling innocent people into buying this product. It's the network marketing scheme with a pyramid structure where you try to eventually get people under you to do the selling, and you get part of their profits, and part of whomever they rope in under them, etc... You can go right to reliv's site and read testimonials from their salespeople on how much money you can make.

I also showed it to a friend who is a nutritionist. She said it's no more than a daily multivitamin with some fiber and herbs thrown in, and should be making so such claims as I was sold on. The sparse amount of herbs which are in the product have no clinical evidence of helping either of my conditions. There is no question that a proper diet goes a long way in keeping you healthy, but a good daily multivitamin with minerals will fill in any areas where your diet may be deficient in any particular day, at a tiny fraction of the cost of this product.

No comments: