Friday, November 23, 2007

Reliv is Not a Magic Cure

I received this email a few days ago from one of our readers. Like many, she was told that Reliv is a Miracle cure for whatever might be wrong but only found out that it is VERY expensive and does not work. And like many uplines, they convinced her that the only way to go was spending 3,200$ to get the best discount. But this only left her sitting with a bunch of products that she could not use and did not want to force upon her friends.

"Let me tell you this...I have rheumatoid arthritis and started taking Reliv as a last resort due to some serious knee pain/swelling. itdid seem to help with the pain/swelling. But at the encouragement ofmany three way (annoying) phone calls I bumped it up to three shakes a day. Classic, Lemon Innergize, Arthaffect and Fibrestore. All that added up to a big expense that I wasn't happy about. But I did feel like I wasgetting some results so I kept taking the three shakes a day that I was so encouraged to do. I was told by many that I would just keep improving if I stuck with it. Well during that time my sponsor came over and brought another Reliv rep and they encouraged/talked me into signing up as a MA. I was already going to sign up at a lower level so I could get some type of discount off of this product that was now costing me around $250 a month! But somehow when they left I thought that signing up as a MA was the better route. Even though I sat there and told them that I did not have the time nor the desire to call people on the phone and I was not a sales person in the least. Anyway not long after I signed up I started having some new RA trouble in my hip. I ended up having an MRI and found it too was arthritis. I became disenchanted with Reliv. I was not about to keep paying all that money for something that was only going to help me a little bit. So I quit taking the shakes and really didn't notice any difference when I quit taking them so now I wonder if the "help" I thought I had gotten in the first place was a placebo effect or just in my head. Not to mention that I had also been warned about the soy danger as well. I decided to sell some of it on Ebay as I am not comfortable "pushing" nutritional shakes on people that cost as much as these do."

No comments: