Sunday, November 18, 2007

Reliv Products Are Toxic and Dangerous

Hello Everyone! Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my Blog. I do hope that you will find some useful information here and that it will help you make an accurate decision when deciding to use or join Reliv. The following message was received from one of our readers who posted this in response to another article that I had posted back in October. I hope you find this interesting.

"These products are dangerous. Anyone who tries to sell you this toxic substance is only out for your money and does not have your best interests at heart. I am a medical professional (i.e. have spent thousands of hours in the classroom, lab, hospitals). I feel very strongly that these products should be illegal but we can't beat the billions of dollars spent by the supplement industry."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please elaborate as to your claim of danger and toxicity. What ingredients, specifically, are toxic and how is the product dangerous?

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Hello Poster - Thank you for taking the time to read some of my posts. I do hope that you keep an open mind and are willing to learn. The comments posted in the article you referred to was a post done by someone else who has had some experience with Reliv. I do wish myself they would send me a little bit more information.

But I would suggest that you take your can of Reliv Classic and read the Ingredients. You will find that most of the items lists are hard to pronounce and you will find that most of them are chemicals. There are other vitamins out there now that are WHOLE food based and when you read what's in them, most of it can be grown in your own garden. Just for this fact, Reliv is kind of scary as you have no idea what most of the stuff is. Not even the Soy is natural as they call it, "Soy Blend".

Anyway I started going through the ingredients for Reliv Classic some months ago but only just got started before getting busy on something else. But here is what I found about 1 Ingredient.

Dicalcium Phosphate, WARNING! Causes irritation to skin, eyes and respiratory tract. May be harmful if swallowed.

-2)Potential Health Effects
Inhalation: Causes irritation to the respiratory tract. Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath.

Ingestion: Causes irritation to the gastrointestinal tract.

Symptoms may include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. It presents little toxicity unless large amount are ingested, in which case, vomiting and diarrhea likely.

Eye Contact: Causes irritation, redness and pain.
Skin Contact: Causes irritation to skin. Symptoms include redness, itching
and pain.

-3)Environmental Effects High concentrations may affect organisms.

And this is just 1 ingredient. This comes with warnings of serious health problems and it's just down right scary. And this makes me wonder what the other ingredients in Reliv are and can do.