Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reliv Made Me Nauseas

I just received this response to one of my Articles. I thought this was interesting and so I wanted to post this in the main for everyone to find easily. I don't know how many of you have had the chance to taste any of Reliv's products, especially the Classic but it will make just about anyone sick as it's HORRIBLE tasting. And yes, as this poster has said as well as many others, MLM products do seem to be sold at a much higher cost. Buy a simple vitamin if you feel you need them or if you are going try or buy Reliv's products, look on eBay. You will save money and you don't have to join.

". . My girlfriend is lying on the sofa with nausea. Oddly, it was just after ingesting Reliv Classic. I was surprised to see so many hits on Google concerning vitamins and nausea. I was not so surprised to find out that Reliv was a MLM product. So many MLMs are based on taking a product, spinning it with some "magic" propriety secret blend, and charging an inflated amount for it to fund the down-line pay line. Most are harmless such as Rexall’s “weight loss product” that was basically psyllium husk, “some propriety ingredients” and orange flavoring if I remember correctly. Would you pay $25 for a bottle of Metamucil? Duh -- 25 years ago I did.

I think I'll just stick with eating vegetables and take my Costco vitamins."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried one of the Reliv products yesterday, it left me feeling very sick, nauseous. Its like I got some sort of allergic reaction from it. I had a very sleepless night, coughing, wheezing with a itchiness inside my throat where I have ingested the lemon tasting product sample. It may work well for some but for me no! Here in New Zealand its so EXPENSIVE, I'd rather buy vitamins any day!

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Hello Poster - Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts for us to read.

I would assume that you took Innergize as that's the only lemon flavored product that I know of. Many of the Reliv products are high in Soy, which is very allergenic. But besides this, Reliv products are synthetic and thus contain a lot of chemicals. One or both of these could have caused what you described.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone developed MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity) after taking Reliv products?

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Hello Poster - I have never heard of anyone but that does not mean it hasn't happened. Maybe someone reading my blog will be able to tell us.

Unknown said...

Hello everyone, I agree with all of you, reliv products taste horrible. I suffer from acid reflex and I'm hoping to get cure with this products, I'm currently taking the Luna rich pills, innergize and fiberstone does this really work? Or am I getting rip off? So far I been taking this product for a month and I haven't notice any improvements, plus the fact that they taste horrendous

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Jose it really depends on the person but honestly I don't see how any vitamin product can help you with heart burn. I would suggest talking with your dr or a nutritionist to see if there is something that you need to change in your diet. This would be the biggest help. Plus if you have any reactions to soy, this may increase your problems, not help them.