Saturday, April 5, 2008

Reliv Distributors Preying on Elderly and Sick

Hello Everyone - I received this email last night from a concerned daughter, whose mother has been preyed upon by a pushy Reliv Distributor. It pains me to receive emails like this. This is one of the biggest reasons I don't like Multi Level Marketing as it forces people to push their products on helpless people. In the store, I can at least choose what I want to buy.

"HI...I came upon your site through google...

I noticed that you posted and have some background on this "Reliv" product...Wanted to tell you about an unfortunate situation, and wanted to know what you thought...

I came to visit my 82 Year old mom in NC,,,Hadn't seen her for a while....

First thing I noticed was that she was coughing all the time, (very shallow, like an irritation, not sick...cough,) and her nose was running all the time too...and if that was not enough, she had to go the bathroom constantly...

I said mom, seems like you have a cold....what is wrong...She told me it's just "getting old"..."I don't cough"...(but it is very noticeable to someone who knows her) She does not even realize she is doing it any more...

I told her she should not be coughing if she did not have a cold......Then she said
" I have to take my shake again"...I said "what are you taking. mom"???..

She then told me that some man approached her at the GYM she attends, a few months ago, and told her about this product that would cure all her issues...he is not a doctor, but told her to stop taking all her vitamin supplements, and to just buy this VERY EXPENSIVE drink supplement. ...she has arthritis, and has stiff joints (like any 82 year old) but she is in fantastic shape...just aches and pains...She has very little money to live on, but totally bought into what the man had to say about this product...He forced his way even to come into her home to sell this to her...

I asked her for the cans, so I could see the labels, and the first ingredient is "fructose"...omg... that is no natural supplement...it's SO NOT!!! There is nothing in there that you could not get from Centrum or any other multi vitamin...

Even while I was here visiting, the "shake man" called her to see if she "needed to buy more"...He is so trying to simply GET HER MONEY!!!

PLEASE TELL ME what is this all about, and how can they get away with selling something that is not what they tell people it is? I'm furious, but want to know more, before I send the nastygram to the man who is praying on my very poor, amazingly sweet, very religious and trusting, beautiful mother...

Any info you may have would be very helpful..."

And now my responce. Sadly I didn't have much to offer. Maybe someone else reading this has had some experience and can post a reply to this blog about how they got rid of a pushy Reliv Distributor.

"It is terrible to hear about this Reliv Distributor preying upon your mother and the many others I am sure. Sadly many of them have chosen to leave behind good paying jobs for the lie of making big money selling these Multi Level Marketing products. And therefore they must be very pushy as their livelihood depends on it.

I really don't know what to tell you. Most of the information that I have is already posted on my blog. I do hope that you have taken or can take the time to read through it.

While on one side, I have heard of many stories of Reliv helping people, I also know of many where is can cause many serious problems. And as you have already discovered, Reliv is far from Natural. It has many chemicals and other synthetic additives. Not to mention it's high soy content.

The only thing I can suggest is do what you see fit. If your mother is really not having results tell the Distributor to get lost. If he continues to be pushy, you could try calling Reliv and complaining directly to them. I am not sure if they would do anything about it or not. There phone number is, 1-800-735-4887. I would suspect you would want to talk with Distributor Relations.

And keep a close eye on your mother. My former upline is very pushy and if a person does not have results they simply tell the person to take even more, sometimes up to 10x what is recommended on the cans. My upline was so bold as to tell a friend of my mom's that the "doctors don't know anything". This distributor told the person stop medicines and just take more Reliv as it would "cure" her. The person listened and now she is on her death bed.

I hope I have been some help to you. If I can answer any more questions feel free to ask. And keep us posted on how things go. "

No comments: