Friday, August 31, 2007

The Business and The Products - My Experences

First of all, I would like to say that Reliv has good products and I know that many people have been helped by them. But there are some concerns that you need to consider before #1 Taking the Reliv products and #2 before joining the business.

I was a Reliv Master Affiliate for 2+ years and honestly I saw a lot of people who got results from the products but I also saw a lot of people make "claims" of things the products did for them but from the outside I knew were completely a lie. And I have seen Reliv destroy peoples lives.

When I joined Reliv I wanted to "help" people and it really turned me off to see everyone around me get so hung up on making money and the strictly against approach to selling the products cheaper. But this is what I did, I sold the products just above my cost until I was finally kicked out of the company. My upline was happy for a while as I was selling almost 10,000 dollars of products a month.

And then we started doing some research into Reliv and three things came to the surface, #1 Reliv is HIGH in Soy and if you do just a small amount of research on the Internet you will find that SOY is quickly becoming VERY dangerous due to the fact that is now one of the causes for Cancer and especially Breast Cancer in women. #2 Reliv products are very high in Calories and can cause you to gain weight. In a society today where the American public are already over weight, we don't need Reliv to help this happen. Not to mention all of the problems that come from gaining weight. #3 I gave Reliv to a close friend of mine in Europe and they took the product into the doctor during a regular visit. The Doctor HIGHLY suggested they not take the product as he explained that High Dose vitamins are not healthy for the body.

And then, about a year ago Reliv "reformulated" their Classic and NOW products and I have received many complaints from people after this happened and I am sure Reliv has too. Many have stopped feeling the results they once had and one person even told me it causes their daughter to go from getting better to getting worse.

So let me ask you, is Cancer and Gaining weight worth it? 

After I was kicked out of the company, one of my clients switched to a new company. She had been using Reliv for a number of years but this new company is completely natural and she says she has never felt better. She has received wonderful results way more than she got from Reliv and the best part, it's all Fruits and Veggies, no soy in them. If you would like to know more, please check out my friends website. And no, I get nothing from this. :)

I came accross the link below. First I would like to say that I am not pushing any one company. But I found this link interesting as it compared Reliv to the Life Force International company. The Reliv business side isn't as good as many of their distributors claim. At the end of this website, is a form that you can fill out if you would like more info about Life Force but this has nothing to do with me. You will be contacted by someone else.

http://www.homebusinesstruths.com/

And then, before taking Reliv, you need to consider the benefit but also the dangers of taking a Soybean based product.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/index.htm
http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html 

There are too many other products out there, like Life Force, Vibe, etc that offer a liquid form of nutrition and the body can absorb this a whole lot faster than the powder or pill forms of nutrition. But like I said, many of had wonderful results from Reliv and so you must decide. And maybe it's worth experimenting, try Reliv but also try the other products and see which is truely better for YOU.

Here are a number of sites that I would suggest products from. Try them see for yourself if the results are as good or better than Reliv.

Dr. Organics - www.puredrorganics.com
Lifeforce - http://www.homebusinesstruths.com/
Eniva Vibe - www.EnivaMembers.com/Income

IF you do choose to continue using the Reliv products, I would highly recommend that you purchase them from eBay. This way you can still get the products but without having to deal with the MLM part of Reliv and you get the products at basically the 25 to 35 % discount level, depending on where you live and how much you paid for the products.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem sincere with what you're trying to do but you are so incorrect about Reliv's busisness opportunity that I can't believe you were part of the company for 2 years and came away from it with your perspective. All the negative comments you make are completely opposite of what Reliv does and stands for. If you really experienced what you are writing then the only explanation is that the people who were suppose to be training and working with you are doing it THEIR way and not the proven successful RELIV way. Sorry you weren't able to learn and experience the company the proper way.
A similar analogy would be like me posting comments about how crappy my new car is cause it won't start (yet I fail to follow the correct procedures... as in putting gas in it..) and then building a website to tell everyone in the world that they shouldn't buy those cars.
I hope everyone who read your blog realizes that you are sharing your experience only which is completely opposite of what this company is and stands for.

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

I would like to thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog and for taking the time to read some of my posts. Sadly I think that many people that visit come with a bias and are blind to the other side of Reliv. In the past I have seen articles about how MLM companies become a Cult and I think this true about many involved in Reliv. The Love of money is a dangerous thing and thus many are blind to what really happens in Reliv and other companies.

But here are some of the FACTS that many Distributors don't tell you when you join up. Maybe you aren't one of these but I would dare to say that most fail to tell their future downline the whole truth.

They DON'T tell you that you must "re-qualify" every year. To re-qualify you MUST buy another 5,000 dollars of Retail products in one month or you must sell 3,000 dollars of retail products two months in a row.

They DON'T tell you that you MUST pay the Signup fee of 40$ every single year.

They DON'T tell you that you MUST sell 1,000 dollars a month in order to get 4% of your downlines business or 2,000 dollars a month to get 8%.

They DON'T tell you that you CANNOT use any form of online sales for selling off your products. No website, No eBay, No Online ACCEPT the Reliv website and this is just a waste of time.

They DON'T tell you that you MUST file forms every month to Reliv to show how much you have sold.

This is just to name a few of the items I was not told when I joined and I am sure many don't know this. Many are convinced to join Reliv at the 40% Level which is the highest discount level so they can get the products cheaper for themselves.

If you want to get the products cheaper, go to eBay, you can get them for a 25 to 35% discount and you don't need to deal with the business part.

While some do succeed in Reliv, what about the Millions who fail that we don't hear about? What about the Millions who are encouraged to CHARGE the products so they can join the company? What about the Millions who have 100s of products that they can't get rid of?

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

I thought that the article below was very interesting. When I joined Reliv I was told that it was "The Best Company and they Paid the Highest" but if you look at the list below, Reliv is far from the best!

How Much Do MLM Companies Pay You?

Ever wonder how much you would be making with another MLM company?

Here are some approximate income figures based on 4 people on your first level and 16 people on your second level (you sponsor 4, they sponsor 4) each doing 100 points (points per $ vary):

Malibu Naturals: $56
Xooma: $60
Lexxus: $67
Royal Body Care: $72
FrutaVida: $75
Omnitrition: $80
Free Life: $84
Tahitian Noni: $84
Oxyfresh: $92
Agel: $100
Enliven: $100
Frutaiga: $100
Herbalife: $100
NuSkin: $100
Synergy: $100
Xango: $100
XELR8: $100
UniCity: $100
Isagenix: $108
Immunotec: $120
Quixtar/Amway: $120
Scent-sations: $120
Legacy: $124
Reliv: $128
Nutronix: $132
Melaleuca: $140
Nature’s Sunshine: $152
Waiora: $156
Arbonne: $160
New Vision: $160
Symmetry: $160
Seasilver: $170
Eniva: $176
Amigo Health: $180
Mannatech: $180
Neways: $200
USANA: $200
Vitamark: $200
Soma Life: $220:
Univera LifeSciences: $220
Lifeforce: $700
ForMor: $780

(Lifeforce and ForMor have large % payments on the 2nd level. The % are far less further in depth). These companies might be good options for those considering a strictly part time income.