Thursday, August 23, 2007

‎Where Does the Truth Lie

I received the following by email yesterday. I will post my response under the comments for this post. But this person does raise some very good questions about Reliv and every other vitamin that is out there. I have updated my profile and so I hope this is enough for those interested. AND if anyone knows about the additives to Reliv please email me. 

"First, please do not post my name on your blog. Thank you.

Second, I just recently started using Reliv and it has cured my fibroid problem...doctors wanted to remove my uterus. However, I've been a big believer in nutrition and supplements for over 20 years now and am forever searching out new products. What concerns me is that it is getting harder and harder to believe anyone's claims -- yours, theirs...where is the truth?! Why should we believe what you are saying; are you now selling a competing product line? What is your motivation? I'm not trying to be difficult, believe me; I'm just trying to get to the truth. I want to learn about the best products out there. I want to buy from a company with integrity. I'm
searching for scientific studies, etc. What is all this talk about synthetics in Reliv products...what exactly are those ingredients and how do we know? And what exactly is their science behind the
products that makes it better than another? I am suspicious because I have been surprised at the lack of information on their website. If you look at USANA and Shakley, they have some substance to their site, although I'm not sure their products are all they are claimed to be, but at least they seem to be more open. Openness is a problem when I think of Reliv! And what is this about listing things on eBay violates intellectual property rights? I would hazzard a guess that
there is a clause in their contract that prohibits the sale of Reliv products on eBay because it violates the sales practices, or some such thing...just like all the rest of the MLMs. If you have solid,negative, scientific information about Reliv, where is it? And I think you should be a lot more open about who you are, why you have this blog, and if you are in another MLM supplements business. Transparency is the key to everyone's claims.

Thanks, 
Concerned User

PS Where's your profile on your site?!?!"

My Profile is to the Right ---->

1 comment:

The_Reliv_Watchdog said...

Thank you for taking the time to write to me. First of all, I am not trying to sell another product nor am I connected to any other companies. I was a Reliv Master Affiliate for 2+ years and many of my friends are still in the company. When we first joined Reliv, both my mom and I joined together. We had a very positive experience to begin with but then we started finding all of the hidden things that we weren't told when we first joined. And like you, we discovered it was really hard to "Find Information" when it was needed. We tried calling Reliv a number of times but they told us, "Contact your Upline" and I believe this is WHY Reliv does not have very much information online as they want you to contact a distributor for the information. But the people in our area knew nothing. Other companies are very professional and they know their products.

Anyway, my mom is in the medical profession and is VERY health conscience. She started hearing about problems with Soy and Soy related items. And after doing some research she decided that Reliv was dangerous to take due to it's high levels of Soy. I am a little bit more stubborn and so I set out to "Prove" my mother wrong but after spending a few hours on the Internet, I did find a few articles saying Soy was safe but so many more about the dangers. If you haven't seen these sites, please take some time to read through them.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/index.htm
http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

Since the Soy danger is much higher for women, this did not concern me too much but the costs of using Reliv and finally the taste turned me off. Towards the end, I could not keep the stuff down. I would mix it with juice, smoothies, etc and I just could not mask the flavor. I would much rather swallow a couple of pills as it's so much more simple.

Reliv does have a policy that does not allow it's distributors to sell on eBay or any other website or store. But at the time when I was was kicked off eBay, I was no longer a Reliv Distributor and so their internal policies didn't apply to me.

Some of your questions I really don't know the answer to but my Blog is not even a week old and so maybe someone else will be able to answer some of these questions for us.

IF Reliv has worked for you, then I would not be too quick to stop using it. But you do need to keep in the mind the dangers of Soy and Soy based products. After leaving Reliv I was contacted by a number of other companies who ALL claim that their products work as good as Reliv. If you are still searching you might want to check out some of these as they are non-soy.

Dr. Organics - www.puredrorganics.com
Lifeforce - http://www.homebusinesstruths.com/
Eniva Vibe - www.EnivaMembers.com/Income

Dr. Organics is a brand new company to my understanding. One of my former Reliv clients joined them and she said the results have been much better than Reliv. She took Reliv for more than 2 years and after taking Dr. Organics for a couple of months said that she has not felt this good in 50 years.

Again thank you for contacting me.